Five Creative Ways to Get Donations for Your Mission
Let’s face it. Asking for donations from strangers or even your friends can be awkward, but it doesn’t have to be! Now is the time to put your creative cap on. We’ve learned that the most effective way to reach your fundraising goal is to think outside the box. Consider the people just outside of your close circle of friends and places you visit regularly. And never forget to get the company you work for onboard!
Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing. What other ideas have you tried? Share them with us!
Five creative ways to get donations:
- Link your email signature to your fundraising page.
- Arrange a dress down day at work. Have employees pay money to dress down on a specific day.
- Ask area restaurants to donate their tips for one night.
- Host a Poker Night with players paying entry and all money is donated to your cause, including the winnings!
- Ask your hair salon to provide haircuts for a day with 50% going to your cause.